Translation of bloated in Spanish:
- 1.1 [body/face] hinchado, abotagado, abotargado I feel bloated after all that food me siento hinchado de tanto comer to be bloated with pride/self-importance estar* henchido de orgullo/vanidadExample sentences1.2 (over-large) [budget/estimate] inflado
- In kids who are 2 years old or younger, the most common symptoms of appendicitis are vomiting and a bloated or swollen abdomen, accompanied by pain.
- I remembered her as being dependent on a ventilator, bloated with excess fluid, and too weak to even lift her hands off the bed.
- The darkness edged away and there was something in the corner, some terribly old and deformed thing, with a bloated, distended belly and wide staring eyes.
- Another version is that the paper was reasonably profitable, but that this was disguised by the bloated amounts charged to it internally to pump up the job printing results.
- It amounts to a bloated and inefficient government monopoly.
- He had a brain in him the size of a bloated brontosaurus, but unfortunately he had a temper to match.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.