- 1 (plant) it's a spring bloomer (es una planta que) florece or da flores en primaveraMore example sentences
- But if you see a new scape rising at the base of a blooming plant, the plant is a repeat bloomer.
- Or you can stagger the bloom time by planting mid- and late-season bloomers together, creating a spring display that blooms in succession, for a whole season of color!
- Most of the small Dahlias are early and profuse bloomers, starting to flower in July and continuing right through till frost.
- 2 (mistake) (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], metedura (f) or (AmL tb) metida (f) de pata to make a bloomer meter la pata [familiar/colloquial], tirarse una plancha [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- About 45 minutes later, he committed his bloomer, and there is no doubt in my mind that the champion jockey made the elementary mistake of thinking that he had the race won aboard the second - favourite.
- To doubt this fact is to commit a bloomer.
- Recently our bickering politicians committed a bloomer.
- 3(bloomers pl)bombachos (mpl)
- 4 (loaf) (BrE) pan con cortes transversalesMore example sentences
- I had visions of running over to the fresh bread counter, ripping the crust off a large bloomer and burying my face in the soft, warm expanse of white loaf.
- These include Cottage Loaves, Rye bread, Multi-seed, the classic Bloomer as well as finger rolls, torpedoes and much more.
- More crumb less crust, we use artisan baguette dough, baked as a pointy bloomer, and top with poppy seeds.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.