Translation of blossom in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (flower)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (mass of flowers)
flores (feminine plural)a cherry in blossomun cerezo en flor
- As the large, loose clusters of tiny greenish flower blossoms fade, the flower stalks get longer and by midsummer are covered with fuzzy purple or pink hairs.
- Jim sat down under a flowering tree in a patch of tiny white blossoms and faced the shimmering waters of the river.
- If you like edible flowers, try some of the tiny white blossoms sprinkled onto salads.
- 1.1 (flower)(tree)1.2 (flourish)
alcanzar su plenitud
intosomethingour friendship blossomed into lovenuestra amistad se transformó en amorHelen has blossomed (out) into a delightful young womanHelen se ha convertido en una chica encantadoraExample sentences
- We slipped through St Bartholomew's churchyard, snowdrops fading, the fruit and nut trees blossoming, and channelled down a track towards the River Ure.
- The Flowering Cherry tree will blossom at this time of the year, each year, as a symbol of remembrance.
- Spring is the best season in Tokyo, with cherry trees blossoming beautifully after the winter rest.
- He would be departing just when he has finally blossomed into a mature and consistent world-class all-rounder.
- A spirited young girl who suffered horrific injuries in a freak horse accident has blossomed into a promising athlete with a bright future.
- Slowly it continued, and our first hesitant kiss was finally reached, although I had to make that final step because he wouldn't, and our relationship developed and blossomed into love.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.