Translation of blossom in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (flower) flor (feminine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (mass of flowers) flores (feminine plural) a cherry in blossom un cerezo en flor
- As the large, loose clusters of tiny greenish flower blossoms fade, the flower stalks get longer and by midsummer are covered with fuzzy purple or pink hairs.
- Jim sat down under a flowering tree in a patch of tiny white blossoms and faced the shimmering waters of the river.
- If you like edible flowers, try some of the tiny white blossoms sprinkled onto salads.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (flower) [tree] florecer*, dar* flor 1.2 (flourish) [enterprise/arts] florecer*; [person/relationship] alcanzar* su plenitudto blossom
intosth our friendship blossomed into love nuestra amistad se transformó en amor Helen has blossomed (out) into a delightful young woman Helen se ha convertido en una chica encantadora
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas