Translation of blowout in Spanish:
- 1.1 (feast) [colloquial/familiar] comilona (feminine) [colloquial/familiar], fiestón (masculine) [colloquial/familiar] 1.2 (burst tire) reventón (masculine) we had a blowout se nos reventó un neumáticoExample sentences1.3 (of fuse) there has been a blowout han saltado or se han fundido or se han quemado los fusibles 1.4 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Sport/Deporte] paliza (feminine) [colloquial/familiar], derrota (feminine) aplastante
- You never know when you are going to suffer a tyre blowout or when another driver is just going to be plain careless.
- Tyre blowouts are common on a lot of trips and this is an area that weight can have a huge effect on.
- Most roads are gravel, meaning accidents and tyre blowouts are not uncommon.
Example sentences1.5 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (argument) disputa (feminine); (outburst) arrebato (masculine)
- He was still crowing over the success of his Dallas showroom expansion and the blowout coming-out party.
- But before we can weigh anchor, Flores erupts into Festa do Emigrante, a blowout party celebrating Azorean emigrants' annual return to the islands, beginning in July.
- Despite the minor grumbles, we had a superb meal - especially with palates so jaded after the festive blowout.
- Only the Vikings broke the barrier in a blowout victory over the Packers.
- Gus was tenacious defensively; even in a blowout victory he wouldn't let the other team have an inch of space.
- While the first two games were both blowouts, the first playoff game in Memphis' history was highly competitive with the Spurs never leading by more than 6 points.
- I had a big blowout with the federal government.
- If you can't talk about this without a big blowout, write her a letter explaining how you feel.
- Letting frustrations fester is a real good way to ensure blowouts and fits of anger later on, so best to get it all out in the open.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the