- 1 (whale fat)grasa (feminine) de ballenaExample sentences
- Fish oil supplements are derived from a variety of sources, including mackerel, herring, tuna, salmon, cod liver, halibut, whale blubber and seal blubber.
- The name was coined by whalers, who considered the species the ‘right’ whale to hunt because its blubber makes dead whales float, aiding recovery of the carcass.
- The answer is all too mundane: The blobs are old whale blubber.
- 2 (on person) [colloquial] this blubber around my waistestos michelines or rollos que tengo [colloquial]Example sentences
- A word every prep fears, due to the fact they hate seeing a little bit of blubber on anyone, especially themselves.
- In my case, in addition to my belly, my chest was still misshaped from carrying too much blubber.
- I decided to do it just because I have lived with a little too much blubber around my middle for my entire life although the rest of me is quite lean and fat-less.
- (weep) [colloquial] [derogatory]Example sentences
- She sobbed, wailed, blubbered, howled, cried and whatever people do to express sorrow hoping that her tears and crying will bring her other half back.
- I burst into tears, blubbering to his retreating form.
- At last, he asked: ‘How can we help you?’, on which cue I burst into tears and blubbered incoherently.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.