Translation of bludgeon in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (strike) aporrearExample sentences1.2 (bully) coaccionarto bludgeon sb
- He was bludgeoned to death with the butt of a pistol on the Caribbean island of Margarita on Sunday, October 16.
- And it is no secret Martha was bludgeoned to death.
- He was bludgeoned to death outside the nightclub.
intosth/ -ingthey have to be bludgeoned into spending less hay que obligarlos a reducir sus gastosExample sentences
- No one, however, has reported on the extent to which voters were bludgeoned into voting one way or another by various local thugs.
- Most of these civil societies have been bludgeoned into silence by their regimes, with even the more representative systems denying their citizens true political participation.
- Mark was a State employee with no criminal history before he was indicted for a crime that he did not commit and now his family are finacially ruined and he has been bludgeoned into signing a plea bargain by the legal vampires.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.