Translation of blue in Spanish:
adjective bluer, bluest
- 1(dress/sea/sky)blue with cold
azulamoratado de fríoshe went blue in the facese le amorató la cara
- 1 uncountable (color) dark/light blueazul oscuro/claroout of the blueshe phoned/the letter arrived quite out of the bluellamó/la carta llegó cuando menos se ( or me etc) lo esperabato vanish o disappear into the blueesfumarseshe/it vanished o disappeared into the bluese esfumó
se la/lo tragó la tierraExample sentences
- As one would stare upwards, the sky would change from red, to orange, to green, to dark blue, to royal purple.
- Using strong colours like dark blue, deep reds and yellows, her work is certainly striking.
- All samples are shown at the same magnification, with spindles in green and DNA in blue.
- (British English) [colloquial]despilfarrar
pulirse (Spain) [colloquial]
patinarse (River Plate area) [colloquial]
hacer sonar (Chile) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.