adj (bluer, bluest)
- 1 [dress/sea/sky] azul blue with cold amoratado de frío she went blue in the face se le amorató la cara
- 4 [Pol] (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], conservador
- 1 u (color) azul (m) dark/light blue azul oscuro/claro out of the blue she phoned/the letter arrived quite out of the blue llamó/la carta llegó cuando menos se ( or me etc) lo esperaba to vanish o disappear into the blue esfumarse she/it vanished o disappeared into the blue se esfumó, se la/lo tragó la tierraMore example sentences
- As one would stare upwards, the sky would change from red, to orange, to green, to dark blue, to royal purple.
- Using strong colours like dark blue, deep reds and yellows, her work is certainly striking.
- All samples are shown at the same magnification, with spindles in green and DNA in blue.