- 1 (for beach cleanliness) bandera (f) azulMore example sentences
- The blue flag award is based on a number of different criteria including water quality, environmental education, environmental management and safety and services.
- The awards scheme, which began in 2001, is the equivalent of the blue flag award for beaches.
- Despite the incident Kerry beaches managed to retain 13 blue flags which are awarded each year to areas that have attained environmental excellence.
- 2 (in motor racing) bandera (f) azulMore example sentences
- Although it is not written in our rules, between the drivers we have an agreement that if the blue flags are being waved at you, you have three corners to let the faster guy through.
- They took a lap to get their blue flags out but he had blue flags for two and a half laps.
- With our revised car, I hope we will not have to endure a race affected by blue flags, as has been the case far too often this season.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.