- 1 (for beach cleanliness) bandera (f) azulMore example sentences
- The blue flag award is based on a number of different criteria including water quality, environmental education, environmental management and safety and services.
- The awards scheme, which began in 2001, is the equivalent of the blue flag award for beaches.
- Despite the incident Kerry beaches managed to retain 13 blue flags which are awarded each year to areas that have attained environmental excellence.
- 2 (in motor racing) bandera (f) azulMore example sentences
- Although it is not written in our rules, between the drivers we have an agreement that if the blue flags are being waved at you, you have three corners to let the faster guy through.
- They took a lap to get their blue flags out but he had blue flags for two and a half laps.
- With our revised car, I hope we will not have to endure a race affected by blue flags, as has been the case far too often this season.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.