Translation of blue flag in Spanish:
- 1 (for beach cleanliness) bandera (feminine) azulExample sentences
- The blue flag award is based on a number of different criteria including water quality, environmental education, environmental management and safety and services.
- The awards scheme, which began in 2001, is the equivalent of the blue flag award for beaches.
- Despite the incident Kerry beaches managed to retain 13 blue flags which are awarded each year to areas that have attained environmental excellence.
- 2 (in motor racing) bandera (feminine) azulExample sentences
- Although it is not written in our rules, between the drivers we have an agreement that if the blue flags are being waved at you, you have three corners to let the faster guy through.
- They took a lap to get their blue flags out but he had blue flags for two and a half laps.
- With our revised car, I hope we will not have to endure a race affected by blue flags, as has been the case far too often this season.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.