also: blue-ribbon adjective
- 1 (esp (American English) ) (elite)de élite
- Hesiod brags of prizes won, the blue-ribbon poem of a pedigree at the county-fair, coarse-woven and straw-capped.
- Between these continuing reports and word of her ballooning figure, I'm beginning to think we treat blue-ribbon cattle better than Hollywood actresses!
- You'll be hailed as the blue-ribbon bistro chef of the backcountry.
- 2 (most prestigious)(trophy)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.