Translation of blush in Spanish:
- ruborizarseI blush easily
ponerse colorado or rojo
sonrojarseme ruborizo por nadahe blushed scarlet at her words
me pongo colorado or rojo por nadase puso como la grana or [colloquial] como un tomate con lo que dijoshe blushed with shamese puso colorada de vergüenzaI blush to admit that … [humorous]me avergüenza tener que reconocer que …Example sentences
- When he asked us why we were giving him a present, we just blushed - our shame at the real reason was interpreted as a crush.
- I shook my head to clear the thought as my face blushed with shame.
- I answered, blushing slightly, my shyness obvious in my soft yet high voice.
- 1.1 (in cheeks) (often plural) to spare somebody's blushesshe spared his blushes and didn't mention his behavior the previous nightle ahorró un bochorno al no mencionar su comportamiento de la noche anterioroh, spare my blushes!no me hagas pasar vergüenza
no hagas que me ruboriceExample sentences1.2 (in sky, flower)
tono (masculine) rosáceoExample sentences
- Lor gave a faint, but apparent sign of a blush in her cheek.
- Their button black eyes looked her over and lingered on certain areas that made her feel very uncomfortable and brought a faint blush to her cheeks.
- Some of the comments are priceless and deserve to be preserved, with the hope that they might at some future date bring a blush of shame to the cheeks of the more honorable.
- As he sprays reactive chemicals on the test strips, a pink blush spreads across the paper.
- From the front view was the setting sun giving a blush of pink, peach, orange and some purple.
- A bright hue, a rosy blush, pretty skin that's blemish free, and a plump shape - these are generally key for ripe fruits.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.