- 1.1 [Zool] boa (f) a boa constrictor una boa constrictorMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Clothing] boa (m) or (f)
- It's the smaller size of the boas found on certain Central American islands.
- They will include pythons, cobras, sand boas, snakes and monitor lizards.
- Examples of such dwarfism or gigantism include the giant tortoises of the Seychelles islands, Indonesia's Komodo dragons, and the boas of the Belizean Snake Cayes.
More example sentences
- Their analysis also indicated, however, that the two snakes were not primitive ancestors, but advanced snakes similar to modern boas and pythons.
- They are also preyed upon by mammalian predators such as cats, and by snakes such as boas and anacondas.
- Non-venomous snakes like boas and pythons grab their prey and squeeze them to death.
- But instead I have gone with a more traditional flapper look, tassely little dress, feather boa, long black gloves, cigarette holder, fishnet stockings.
- She is always dressing up with feather boas and high heels.
- There was a feather boa around her neck as she played and I sang ‘good-bye, good-bye forever’ and it was a wonderful evening.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.