Translation of body in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural bodies)
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (of human, animal) cuerpo (masculine) the body beautiful el culto del cuerpo body and soul en cuerpo y alma to keep body and soul together subsistir, sobrevivir I had a snack to keep body and soul together until lunch me tomé un bocado para aguantar hasta mediodía body size estatura (feminine) body temperature temperatura (feminine) body type tipo (masculine) somático body weight peso (masculine) 1.2 (trunk) cuerpo (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (corpse) cadáver (masculine) a dead body un cadáver over my dead body! ¡de ninguna manera!, ¡tendrán ( or tendrá etc) que pasar por encima de mi cadáver!
- Occasionally heads sit oddly on their bodies, and swollen limbs meet their trunks awkwardly.
- Secondary infection may occur as a result of bites being scratched, although bites may also become infected by the bacteria carried on the bodies or limbs of the lice or in their faeces.
- Hundreds of limbs protruded from its body and two large black wings were folded on its back.
- I realized today that, all week, I've been referring to the dead I've seen as bodies and corpses.
- Then for the next 8 hours during the second stage I evacuated corpses or dead bodies.
- You know, the case is more complicated than her body washing up a mile from his boat.
- 2 2.1 countable/numerable (main part — of plane) fuselaje (masculine); (— of ship) casco (masculine); (— of hall) nave (feminine); (— of stringed instrument) caja (feminine) 2.2 countable/numerable [Cars/Automovilismo] carrocería (feminine)Example sentences2.3 (majority, bulk) the body of sth el grueso de algo
- I saw a portion of the engine and the wing separate from the main body of the aircraft.
- They loaded the bodies on to military aircraft to take home to their families.
- However, within the Faraday cage of a Peugeot 307 car body, it doesn't perform.
- Plenty of them are either next door to the landlord or, indeed, within the body of the main house itself.
- Curiously, there is no attempt to integrate these points into the main body of the text.
- Does the main body of text immediately follow the title, or does it begin on the next page?
- 3 3.1 countable/numerable (organization) organismo (masculine) 3.2 (unit) (no plural/sin plural) they walked out in a body salieron en masa or en bloque we must act together as a body tenemos que actuar unidos they're a fine body of men forman un magnífico equipo the body politic el cuerpo político 3.3 countable/numerable (collection) a body of evidence un conjunto de pruebas a body of law un cuerpo legal or de leyes a growing body of opinion supports this view una creciente corriente de opinión apoya este punto de vista 3.4 countable/numerable (mass) masa (feminine) a body of water una masa de aguaExample sentences
- There are some which have a general and almost constant operation upon the collective bodies of society.
- The collection of such large bodies of data limits the social and biological variables that can be recorded.
- A vast body of evidence from previously unavailable sources has been collected.
- The Sporting Trust is an independent body that organises sporting functions to raise money for cancer.
- The state has to realise the corporate bodies cannot function like charitable organisations.
- He holds positions in five public bodies and organisations, and owns a flat in Sha Tin held under his wife's name.
- 4 countable/numerable (object) cuerpo (masculine) a body in motion [Physics/Física] un cuerpo en movimientoExample sentences
- Apples fall to the ground; so do material objects and unsupported bodies.
- At this point Aristotle observes that substances - material bodies - are in a sense composite.
- One contains constrained bodies that fall slowly, the other pendulums that repeat their motions again and again.
- 5 uncountable/no numerable (density — of wine, fabric) cuerpo (masculine); (— of hair) volumen (masculine), cuerpo (masculine)Example sentences
- The wine itself is rather fuller in body and more alcoholic than Chianti, reflecting its warmer production zone.
- But it's the structure and body of this wine that really make it stand out.
- They describe the teas in terms of light, medium, and full body as well as in terms of taste.
- It will also remove a great deal of the fullness and the body from the hair giving it a sleeker look.
- 6 countable/numerable (person) [colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado] tipo, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar] he's a funny old body un bicho raro [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- This network has been borrowed many times in the course of evolution to build new structures in animal bodies.
- While human bodies have skeletons of bones, our cells have a framework made of a filamentous network.
- Most of us have been taught to think of our body as a physical structure, isolated from everything else.
- Finally we might be able to explore our thoughts, our desires, our bodies, and be open about it too.
- He was finally bored with her youthful prettiness and desired her body no longer.
- There were two main bodies interested, one a builder from Castlebar, the other in the same trade from Westport.
- 7 countable/numerable (body stocking) body (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the