Translation of body in Spanish:
noun plural bodies
- 1 countable 1.1 (of human, animal) the body beautifulel culto del cuerpobody and soul to keep body and soul together I had a snack to keep body and soul together until lunchme tomé un bocado para aguantar hasta mediodíabody size body temperature body typetipo (masculine) somáticobody weightExample sentences1.2 (trunk)
Example sentences1.3 (corpse) a dead body
- This network has been borrowed many times in the course of evolution to build new structures in animal bodies.
- While human bodies have skeletons of bones, our cells have a framework made of a filamentous network.
- Most of us have been taught to think of our body as a physical structure, isolated from everything else.
un cadáverover my dead body!¡de ninguna manera!
- Occasionally heads sit oddly on their bodies, and swollen limbs meet their trunks awkwardly.
- Secondary infection may occur as a result of bites being scratched, although bites may also become infected by the bacteria carried on the bodies or limbs of the lice or in their faeces.
- Hundreds of limbs protruded from its body and two large black wings were folded on its back.
¡tendrán ( or tendrá etc) que pasar por encima de mi cadáver!Example sentences
- I realized today that, all week, I've been referring to the dead I've seen as bodies and corpses.
- Then for the next 8 hours during the second stage I evacuated corpses or dead bodies.
- You know, the case is more complicated than her body washing up a mile from his boat.
- 2 2.1 countable (main part)(of plane) fuselaje (masculine)(of ship) casco (masculine)(of hall) nave (feminine)(of stringed instrument) caja (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences2.2 countable (Cars) 2.3 (majority, bulk) the body of something
- Plenty of them are either next door to the landlord or, indeed, within the body of the main house itself.
- Curiously, there is no attempt to integrate these points into the main body of the text.
- Does the main body of text immediately follow the title, or does it begin on the next page?
el grueso de algo
- I saw a portion of the engine and the wing separate from the main body of the aircraft.
- They loaded the bodies on to military aircraft to take home to their families.
- However, within the Faraday cage of a Peugeot 307 car body, it doesn't perform.
- 3 3.1 countable (organization)Example sentences3.2 (unit) (no plural) they walked out in a body
salieron en masa or en bloquewe must act together as a bodytenemos que actuar unidosthey're a fine body of menforman un magnífico equipothe body politicel cuerpo político3.3 countable (collection) a body of evidenceun conjunto de pruebasa body of lawun cuerpo legal or de leyesa growing body of opinion supports this viewuna creciente corriente de opinión apoya este punto de vista3.4 countable (mass) a body of wateruna masa de aguaExample sentences
- The Sporting Trust is an independent body that organises sporting functions to raise money for cancer.
- The state has to realise the corporate bodies cannot function like charitable organisations.
- He holds positions in five public bodies and organisations, and owns a flat in Sha Tin held under his wife's name.
- There are some which have a general and almost constant operation upon the collective bodies of society.
- The collection of such large bodies of data limits the social and biological variables that can be recorded.
- A vast body of evidence from previously unavailable sources has been collected.
- 4 countable (object) a body in motion (Physics)Example sentences
- Apples fall to the ground; so do material objects and unsupported bodies.
- At this point Aristotle observes that substances - material bodies - are in a sense composite.
- One contains constrained bodies that fall slowly, the other pendulums that repeat their motions again and again.
- 5 uncountable (density)(of wine, fabric) cuerpo (masculine)Example sentences
- The wine itself is rather fuller in body and more alcoholic than Chianti, reflecting its warmer production zone.
- But it's the structure and body of this wine that really make it stand out.
- They describe the teas in terms of light, medium, and full body as well as in terms of taste.
- It will also remove a great deal of the fullness and the body from the hair giving it a sleeker look.
- 6 countable (person) [colloquial] [dated]tipo, (-pa) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]he's a funny old bodyun bicho raro [colloquial]Example sentences
- There were two main bodies interested, one a builder from Castlebar, the other in the same trade from Westport.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.