- 1 c u 1.1 (swamp) ciénaga (f)More example sentences1.2
(peat bog)tremedal (m)
- Soggy areas called peat bogs have developed in parts of the country.
- Help to open up an area of peat bog by cutting and burning small trees at Cumbria Wildlife Trust's Foulshaw Moss, near Witherslack, on Saturday.
- The bog road was too soft for his heavy horse and cart to traverse, so he had to condescend to ask his two neighbours to put out and take home the turf with their donkeys and creels.
- 2 c (lavatory) (BrE) [slang/argot], retrete (m), cagadero (m) [vulgar]
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.