Translation of boisterous in Spanish:
- 1.1 (exuberant) they are very boisterous todayhoy están muy bullangueros or bulliciososExample sentences1.2 (turbulent) [literary]
(wind)(sea)embravecido [literary]Example sentences
- He is a boisterous, loud, energetic man, completely at odds with the surroundings.
- He was noisy and boisterous and Bowyer said he moved away from them because of his behaviour.
- He was surrounded by noisy and boisterous children as he sat motionless on his throne.
- On the other side of the railway stood the cemetery on a gradual rise looking out to the boisterous Tasman Sea.
- Her entire crew of sixteen men, after several hours in open boats on a boisterous sea, succeeded in getting ashore.
- It pattered hard against the seaward windows of the hotel and swept into the horde of steam launches that buffeted with the rather boisterous sea.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.