Translation of bombard in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] [position/city] bombardear 1.2 [Physics/Física] to bombard sth
withsth bombardear algo conalgoExample sentences1.3 (assail)to bombard sb
- A young scientist named Henry Moseley experimented with bombarding atoms of different elements with x rays.
- The experimenters bombarded a thin gold foil with alpha particles (helium atoms without electrons).
- These men experimented by bombarding uranium with neutrons.
withsth I was bombarded with offers me llovieron las ofertas she was bombarded with questions la acribillaron or bombardearon a preguntas one is constantly being bombarded with advertisements continuamente lo bombardean a uno con anunciosExample sentences
- Further north, Tomahawk missiles bombarding the city heralded the beginning of the War.
- Two years ago, the major part of the war was all about bombarding us with smart bombs and high-tech missiles.
- One answer of course might be for the Allies to bombard the railway tracks leading to the death camps.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the