Translation of bombard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Military)(position/city)1.2 (Physics)to bombard something
withsomethingbombardear algo conalgoExample sentences1.3 (assail)to bombard somebody
- A young scientist named Henry Moseley experimented with bombarding atoms of different elements with x rays.
- The experimenters bombarded a thin gold foil with alpha particles (helium atoms without electrons).
- These men experimented by bombarding uranium with neutrons.
withsomethingI was bombarded with offersme llovieron las ofertasshe was bombarded with questionsla acribillaron or bombardearon a preguntasone is constantly being bombarded with advertisementscontinuamente lo bombardean a uno con anunciosExample sentences
- Further north, Tomahawk missiles bombarding the city heralded the beginning of the War.
- Two years ago, the major part of the war was all about bombarding us with smart bombs and high-tech missiles.
- One answer of course might be for the Allies to bombard the railway tracks leading to the death camps.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.