Translation of bombardment in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (Military) artillery bombardmentaerial bombardmentfuego (masculine) de artilleríaExample sentences1.2 (Physics) 1.3 (with questions, protests etc)
- On the other front, Germans frequently mistook Soviet mortar barrages for aerial bombardments.
- It was the day after a lot of attacks and bombardments and deaths had taken place.
- The men suffered continuous shell and mortar bombardment followed by ferocious counter-attacks.
- Web users are getting fed up with the bombardment of irrelevant messages every time they log on.
- Some see restaurants as a last refuge, the only place left to escape bombardment by warnings about what not to eat.
- But consumer tolerance of marketing bombardment is wearing thin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.