Translation of bond in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (link) vínculo (masculine) bonds of friendship lazos (masculine plural) or vínculos (masculine plural) de amistad the bond between mother and child el vínculo afectivo entre madre e hijo a bond had formed between them entre ellos se había creado un vínculoExample sentences
- The country was always an unstable equilibrium, artificially held together by the iron bonds of an authoritarian and brutal regime.
- His father pushed his sleeve up and tied on a rubber bond.
- I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
(bonds plural)(fetters) cadenas (feminine plural) to break o burst one's bonds [literary/literario] romper* sus ( or mis etc) cadenasExample sentences
- People who trust one another share a bond of faith and understanding.
- But community demands more than simply emotionally satisfying bonds between individuals.
- Yes, you can generate sales - but equally, you can generate goodwill or an emotional bond.
- Steel Fists cut the bonds holding the three prisoners.
- Ropes tightened against bonds with the swell of the sea.
- Her bonds were ropes on the hands, but her feet were chained together.
- 2 2.1 countable/numerable (joint, seal) junta (feminine), juntura (feminine) 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (adhesion) adherencia (feminine) 2.3 countable/numerable [Chemistry/Química] enlace (masculine)Example sentences2.4 uncountable/no numerable (in brickwork) aparejo (masculine)
- The electrons that are shared by the atoms to form the bond belong to one of these molecular orbitals.
- A covalent bond is a bond formed when two atoms share a pair of electrons.
- Opposing this tendency is the covalent bond holding the HCl molecule together.
- Bricks shall be laid in running or stretcher bond with control joints as noted on drawings.
- Like conventional bricks, adobes are laid in a running bond - an overlapping pattern - then mortared in place with adobe mud.
- The job requires a master mason to set the first course, grout bond beams, and install and tension the post-tension tendons.
- 3 [Finance] 3.1 countable/numerable (debt certificate) bono (masculine), obligación (feminine) my word is my bond puedes fiar de or confiar en mi palabra 3.2 countable/numerable (insurance contract) fianza (feminine)Example sentences
- Each union must buy an insurance bond to protect members against fraud on the part of its staff, and must also meet stringent solvency regulations.
- He says the insurance bond provides deserved protection for employees who put a lot into the company.
- We have received quite a few e-mails over recent weeks about pensions, investments and insurance bonds.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable bond (paper) papel (masculine) de carta ([ de buena calidad ])
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the