Translation of bond in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (link) vínculo (masculine) bonds of friendship lazos (masculine plural) or vínculos (masculine plural) de amistad the bond between mother and child el vínculo afectivo entre madre e hijo a bond had formed between them entre ellos se había creado un vínculoExample sentences
- The country was always an unstable equilibrium, artificially held together by the iron bonds of an authoritarian and brutal regime.
- His father pushed his sleeve up and tied on a rubber bond.
- I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
(bonds plural)(fetters) cadenas (feminine plural) to break o burst one's bonds [literary/literario] romper* sus ( or mis etc) cadenasExample sentences
- People who trust one another share a bond of faith and understanding.
- But community demands more than simply emotionally satisfying bonds between individuals.
- Yes, you can generate sales - but equally, you can generate goodwill or an emotional bond.
- Steel Fists cut the bonds holding the three prisoners.
- Ropes tightened against bonds with the swell of the sea.
- Her bonds were ropes on the hands, but her feet were chained together.
- 2 2.1 countable/numerable (joint, seal) junta (feminine), juntura (feminine) 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (adhesion) adherencia (feminine) 2.3 countable/numerable [Chemistry/Química] enlace (masculine)Example sentences2.4 uncountable/no numerable (in brickwork) aparejo (masculine)
- The electrons that are shared by the atoms to form the bond belong to one of these molecular orbitals.
- A covalent bond is a bond formed when two atoms share a pair of electrons.
- Opposing this tendency is the covalent bond holding the HCl molecule together.
- Bricks shall be laid in running or stretcher bond with control joints as noted on drawings.
- Like conventional bricks, adobes are laid in a running bond - an overlapping pattern - then mortared in place with adobe mud.
- The job requires a master mason to set the first course, grout bond beams, and install and tension the post-tension tendons.
- 3 [Finance] 3.1 countable/numerable (debt certificate) bono (masculine), obligación (feminine) my word is my bond puedes fiar de or confiar en mi palabra 3.2 countable/numerable (insurance contract) fianza (feminine)Example sentences
- Each union must buy an insurance bond to protect members against fraud on the part of its staff, and must also meet stringent solvency regulations.
- He says the insurance bond provides deserved protection for employees who put a lot into the company.
- We have received quite a few e-mails over recent weeks about pensions, investments and insurance bonds.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable bond (paper) papel (masculine) de carta ([ de buena calidad ])
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.