Translation of bond in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (link) bonds of friendshiplazos (masculine plural) de amistadthe bond between mother and child
vínculos (masculine plural) de amistadel vínculo afectivo entre madre e hijoa bond had formed between thementre ellos se había creado un vínculoExample sentences
- The country was always an unstable equilibrium, artificially held together by the iron bonds of an authoritarian and brutal regime.
- His father pushed his sleeve up and tied on a rubber bond.
- I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
also: bonds plural(fetters)cadenas (feminine plural)to break o burst one's bonds [literary]romper sus ( or mis etc) cadenasExample sentences
- People who trust one another share a bond of faith and understanding.
- But community demands more than simply emotionally satisfying bonds between individuals.
- Yes, you can generate sales - but equally, you can generate goodwill or an emotional bond.
- Steel Fists cut the bonds holding the three prisoners.
- Ropes tightened against bonds with the swell of the sea.
- Her bonds were ropes on the hands, but her feet were chained together.
- 2 2.1 countable (joint, seal) 2.2 uncountable (adhesion) 2.3 countable (Chemistry)Example sentences2.4 uncountable (in brickwork)
- The electrons that are shared by the atoms to form the bond belong to one of these molecular orbitals.
- A covalent bond is a bond formed when two atoms share a pair of electrons.
- Opposing this tendency is the covalent bond holding the HCl molecule together.
- Bricks shall be laid in running or stretcher bond with control joints as noted on drawings.
- Like conventional bricks, adobes are laid in a running bond - an overlapping pattern - then mortared in place with adobe mud.
- The job requires a master mason to set the first course, grout bond beams, and install and tension the post-tension tendons.
- 3 (Finance) 3.1 countable (debt certificate) my word is my bondpuedes fiar de or confiar en mi palabra3.2 countable (insurance contract)Example sentences
- Each union must buy an insurance bond to protect members against fraud on the part of its staff, and must also meet stringent solvency regulations.
- He says the insurance bond provides deserved protection for employees who put a lot into the company.
- We have received quite a few e-mails over recent weeks about pensions, investments and insurance bonds.
- 4 uncountablebond (paper)papel (masculine) de carta (de buena calidad)
- 2 (Business)(goods)
depositar bajo fianzaExample sentences
- Joint guarantee provided by several bonding companies are allowed.
- I speak specifically of lenders, bonding companies, etc.
- Both States had huge, irresponsible tax cuts which they paid for in part by bonding and borrowing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.