- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (link) vínculo (masculine) bonds of friendship lazos (masculine plural) or vínculos (masculine plural) de amistad the bond between mother and child el vínculo afectivo entre madre e hijo a bond had formed between them entre ellos se había creado un vínculoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- The country was always an unstable equilibrium, artificially held together by the iron bonds of an authoritarian and brutal regime.
- His father pushed his sleeve up and tied on a rubber bond.
- I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.
(bonds plural)(fetters) cadenas (feminine plural) to break o burst one's bonds [literary/literario] romper* sus ( or mis etc) cadenasMore example sentences
- People who trust one another share a bond of faith and understanding.
- But community demands more than simply emotionally satisfying bonds between individuals.
- Yes, you can generate sales - but equally, you can generate goodwill or an emotional bond.
- Steel Fists cut the bonds holding the three prisoners.
- Ropes tightened against bonds with the swell of the sea.
- Her bonds were ropes on the hands, but her feet were chained together.
- 2 2.1 countable/numerable (joint, seal) junta (feminine), juntura (feminine) 2.2 uncountable/no numerable (adhesion) adherencia (feminine) 2.3 countable/numerable [Chemistry/Química] enlace (masculine)More example sentences2.4 uncountable/no numerable (in brickwork) aparejo (masculine)
More example sentences
- The electrons that are shared by the atoms to form the bond belong to one of these molecular orbitals.
- A covalent bond is a bond formed when two atoms share a pair of electrons.
- Opposing this tendency is the covalent bond holding the HCl molecule together.
- Bricks shall be laid in running or stretcher bond with control joints as noted on drawings.
- Like conventional bricks, adobes are laid in a running bond - an overlapping pattern - then mortared in place with adobe mud.
- The job requires a master mason to set the first course, grout bond beams, and install and tension the post-tension tendons.
- 3 [Finance] 3.1 countable/numerable (debt certificate) bono (masculine), obligación (feminine) my word is my bond puedes fiar de or confiar en mi palabra 3.2 countable/numerable (insurance contract) fianza (feminine)More example sentences
- Each union must buy an insurance bond to protect members against fraud on the part of its staff, and must also meet stringent solvency regulations.
- He says the insurance bond provides deserved protection for employees who put a lot into the company.
- We have received quite a few e-mails over recent weeks about pensions, investments and insurance bonds.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable bond (paper) papel (masculine) de carta ([ de buena calidad ])
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.