Translation of bone in Spanish:
- 1 countable (Anatomy) this is too much for my poor old bonesyo ya no estoy para estos trotesI can feel it in my bonestengo ese presentimientomeat on/off the bonecarne (feminine) con/sin huesothe bare bones (of something)lo básico (de algo)as dry as a bonerequetesecoto be a bone of contentionser la manzana de la discordiato be close to the bonepasarse de castaño oscuro [colloquial]to cut something to the bonewe've cut costs to the bonehemos reducido los gastos a lo esencial or al mínimohe cut his finger to the bonese cortó el dedo hasta el huesoto have a bone to pick with somebodytener que ajustar cuentas con alguiento make no bones about somethingshe makes no bones about her sympathies/being an atheistno esconde or no oculta sus preferencias/que es atealet's make no bones about itno nos andemos con tapujos or con rodeosExample sentences
- Direct injury to the spine may cause a bone fracture anywhere along your vertebral column.
- Years ago we realized that if we combined all our accidents, there was hardly a bone in the human skeleton we hadn't broken.
- Bone marrow is a spongy tissue inside certain bones of the body that produces blood cells.
- 3 countablealso: bones plural(of dead person)restos (masculine plural)huesos (masculine plural) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Sighing, he pulled his weary bones to their feet and decided coffee was the best option.
- He lowered his aching bones to the floor after a harder day's work than he'd ever done.
- I dragged my tired bones to the bathroom to shave.
- Just ahead, in the wider section of the pass, the dried bones and carcasses of men and pack animals lay strewn about.
- We are still unburying the bones, the remains, of the people who got killed.
- In centuries past, graves would be exhumed, and any bones remaining would be collected and buried deeper down, thereby allowing fresh graves on top.
- 4 uncountable (substance)Example sentences
- The material would be gradually replaced by healthy, newly grown bone and blood vessels.
- My latest cut-down bone handled table knives have a near quadrant at the tip and cut unbelievably.
- The spongy bone material was then used for DNA extraction.
- Mining activity has been a constant source of bone and ivory artifacts over the last several decades.
- What's more, treasured wood was decorated with bone, jade, gold, bronze and shells adding to the value.
- The earliest example of European poetry about a stranded whale is an Anglo-Saxon inscription on a whale bone casket of about 700 AD.
quitarle las espinas aExample sentences
- The school's culinary dean recalls being hung from a meat hook for improperly boning veal during one of his 14-hour days as an apprentice in 1949 Germany.
- Clean and bone the fish, leaving their heads in place.
- Unless you are a dab-hand with the boning knife, ask the butcher to bone the chicken legs for you.
ponerse al día en
ponerse al día en
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.