Translation of bonnet in Spanish:
- 1 [Clothing/Indumentaria] 1.1 (for woman) sombrero (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (for baby) gorrito (masculine), gorrita (feminine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) 1.3 (Scottish beret) gorra (feminine) escocesa
- I began tying the bonnet ribbon under my chin as I made my way to her.
- One was for prominent Bollywood directors, the other was for the Jane Austen society who turned up to the screening in Bath dressed in bonnets and top hats.
- To heighten the tension, the Amish group is dressed in traditional attire that includes bonnets and suspenders.
- His bald head was currently covered with a bonnet.
- As he walks up the final fairway, waving a new tartan bonnet, the crowd rise in tribute to a great champion.
- Armed to the teeth and clad in kilt, tartan hose and bonnet, he looks every inch the clan chieftain.
- 2 [Cars/Automovilismo] (British English/inglés británico) capó (masculine), capote (masculine) (Mexico/México)Example sentences
- On his arrival the criminals turned their guns on him, shooting his police car three times - damaging his vehicle bonnet, windshield and engine.
- Progress was slow - is there really a 2-litre engine under the bonnet?
- The front bonnet affords extra crumple space in the event of an accident, and both driver and passenger airbags are standard.
- 3 (of chimney) sombrerete (masculine)Example sentences
- Bonnet cowl with collar available with 75mm deep collar for ornamental chimney pots.
- Should I not have the Chimney Cowl in stock I will put on the Mesh Bonnet Cowl (pictured above right), these both cost the same to supply and fit.
- This is a method and apparatus for providing a flashing system for a chimney-bonnet positioned on a chimney of a building structure.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.