Translation of boon in Spanish:
- 1 (blessing)gran ayuda (feminine)she's been a boon to me these last few monthsestos últimos meses me ha ayudado muchísimoimmigration has been a boon to the economyla inmigración ha dado un impulso importante a la economíaExample sentences
- The evolution of sophisticated chargeback programs has been a boon to facility and real estate executives.
- As a side benefit I am sure the bridge will also be a boon to fishermen and will be lined every night with salmon poachers slinging their hooks into the racing tide.
- Yet, amazingly, instead of being hailed as a boon to public safety… it was criticized as a threat to privacy.
- 2 (request, favor) [archaic]Example sentences
- One night, as Charumathi slept, Goddess Mahalakshmi appeared in her dreams and asked her to perform a puja to Varalakshmi, the goddess who granted boons.
- The statue of the goddess in the sanctum was small and was heavily garlanded with bells and gold borders - offerings made to the goddess for boons granted.
- He has long been deafened by amplified hymns in his temple, leaving no scope for boons and prayers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.