Translation of boon in Spanish:
- 1.1 (blessing) gran ayuda (feminine) she's been a boon to me these last few months estos últimos meses me ha ayudado muchísimo immigration has been a boon to the economy la inmigración ha dado un impulso importante a la economíaExample sentences1.2 (request, favor) [archaic] favor (masculine)
- The evolution of sophisticated chargeback programs has been a boon to facility and real estate executives.
- As a side benefit I am sure the bridge will also be a boon to fishermen and will be lined every night with salmon poachers slinging their hooks into the racing tide.
- Yet, amazingly, instead of being hailed as a boon to public safety… it was criticized as a threat to privacy.
- One night, as Charumathi slept, Goddess Mahalakshmi appeared in her dreams and asked her to perform a puja to Varalakshmi, the goddess who granted boons.
- The statue of the goddess in the sanctum was small and was heavily garlanded with bells and gold borders - offerings made to the goddess for boons granted.
- He has long been deafened by amplified hymns in his temple, leaving no scope for boons and prayers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to