Translation of boost in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (uplift) the results are a boost to her campaignlos resultados son un incentivo or un espaldarazo para su campañait was a tremendous boost to her confidencele dio mucha más confianza en sí mismato give a boost to somethingdar empuje a algothe theater is to receive a $250,000 boost in subsidies
estimular algoel teatro recibirá una inyección de 250.000 dólares en ayudas oficialesExample sentences1.2 countable (lift, leg-up) (no plural) he gave me a boost over the wall/up onto the roof
me dio impulso para saltar la tapia/para subir al tejadoExample sentences
- It will be a great boost for the local economy and hopefully kick-start a wider regeneration of the area.
- Council officials believe the draw of over 2,000, mainly young adults into the area will provide a major boost for the local economy.
- The news is also a timely boost for the local economy.
- This time, Ian gave me a boost up, and I was climbing.
- She gave me a boost up so I could crawl into it, being the smallest one of us.
- You gave me a boost over the high fences.
levantar(Electricity)to boost somebody's confidence
elevardarle más confianza en sí mismo a alguienshe boosts her diet with vitamin pillscomplementa su dieta con vitaminasthe TV show has boosted its audienceel número de telespectadores del programa ha aumentadoExample sentences
- These will primarily be aimed at the old, young families and savers - but there will also be some measures to boost productivity and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Political freedom, during the 1950s and 1960s, was about increased production, boosting agriculture and stimulating industry.
- Instead he preferred state-sponsored measures that would boost trade and thereby encourage employers to employ.
- Therefore, one or more optical regenerators is spliced along the cable to boost the degraded light signals.
- Still, this loss is tolerable, because the amplifier boosts the signal level enough to get it to the donor site.
- As existing analogue transmitters are switched off region by region, the strength of the digital signal will be boosted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.