Translation of border in Spanish:
- 1 (Politics) to cross the borderParaguay has borders with three countriescruzar or pasar la fronterathe Borders, the Border Country (in UK)Paraguay limita con tres países(región escocesa que limita con Inglaterra)(before noun) (dispute/town)(incident/raid)en la fronteraExample sentences
- In areas close to the border with the Northern of Ireland, smuggling became a way of life for some.
- They are patrolling areas near the border with Saudi Arabia and training local police forces.
- Control at the border with Romania will be tightened after reports that pigs were being smuggled to be sold in Bulgaria.
- Families line up at a refugee camp near Bahai on the border between Chad and Sudan.
- We lived in a shabby hut at the foot of a steep mountain on the border of Manchuria near the Yalu River.
- About 100,000 Baptists and other refugees occupy a small plot of land on the border of Burma and Thailand, near the Thai city of Maesot.
- 2 2.1 (edge) on the borders of sleep2.2 (edging — on fabric, plate, notepaper)en la frontera del sueño(— on robe, official document)a wallpaper borderuna grecaExample sentences
- The borders and limits of his language are self-imposed and they demonstrate the futility of speech as being truly inarticulate to the imprisoned passion of their leading characters.
- They experience pain, transgress borders and limits, and come into existence in situations that are stimulated by pain.
- I've learned that there are no borders and no limits to this ocean of love I feel for them.
- The levels of pattern and pen-flourishing in vivid inks, glowing ornamentation, decorative letters, borders, jewelled frames and vignettes made me gasp.
- An arrow passes close to the artist's head, which is adorned with antlers, and birds attack, having broken a decorative border of colored paper chains.
- The border was decorated with a variety of white sea-shells.
- 3 (in garden)Example sentences
- Under his direction, they built dry-stone retaining walls and a rock garden, laid out paths and mixed borders and planted flowering shrubs among the trees.
- In the warm months, it was a garden, with hothouse-grown flowers planted along its borders.
- Perennials can be planted among shrub borders or in containers.
- 1.1(country/state)limitar con(fields/lands)the states bordering Canadalindar conthe lake is bordered to the north by woodslos estados que limitan con Canadábordering statesla parte norte del lago está bordeada de bosques1.2 (edge — with ribbon, binding)estados (masculine plural) limítrofes or fronterizos(— with fur)bordered with lacethe plates were bordered with a blue bandcon puntilla alrededorlos platos tenían una cenefa or (in Southern Cone also) una guarda azulExample sentences
- We drive along Gibson Reservoir Road—a route bordered by brown-eyed Susans and the Sun River—past huge, upended slabs that look as if giants had a rock fight.
- On the edge of the town where I live, running between the Victorian park and the youth hostel and leading to a footbridge crossing the river, is an unassuming lane bordered by hedges.
- Below that was a path bordered by a bamboo hedge, where I learnt to ride a bicycle.
- Indonesia has more than 90 small islands in areas bordering neighboring countries.
- Day one is spent totally over the mountain ridges and tops from which there are spectacular views of the surrounding peaks and lower country bordering Nelson Lakes National Park.
- Successful conservation efforts in an area bordering another country can be reduced to naught if the neighbouring countries do not collaborate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.