Translation of born in Spanish:
past participle of → bear1
- 1.1to be born when was she born?to be born blindshe was born blind¿cuándo nació?the young are born blindes ciega de nacimientoto be born luckylas crías nacen ciegaspoets are born not madenacer con suerteto be bornlos poetas nacen, no se hacen
intosomethinghe was born into a Protestant family/the aristocracyborn into povertynació en el seno de una familia protestante/aristócratato be born into the world [literary] to be bornnacido en la pobreza ofsomebody/somethingshe was born of middle-class parentswith the confidence born of experiencesus padres eran de clase medianació en una familia de clase mediato be borncon la confianza que da la experiencia tosomebody [formal] a child was born to themI wasn't born yesterday, you know!tuvieron un hijothere's one born every minute!¡oye, que no nací ayer or [colloquial] que no me chupo el dedo!were you born in a barn?hay tontos para repartir or para dar y venderyoung people today don't know they're born!¿es que traes cola?(Latin America)born Jane Smithlos jóvenes de hoy no saben lo que tienen(real name)cuyo verdadero nombre es/era Jane Smith(neé)1.2 (destined)to be bornde soltera Jane Smith tosomething/to + infinitivehe was born to (a life of) luxurythis is the book I was born to writenació para (ser) ricothis is what I was born for o what I was born to doestaba destinado a escribir este libroyo he nacido para esto
- (before noun)(teacher/actor/leader/musician)she has a born aptitude for teachingin all my born days [colloquial]tiene una aptitud innata para la enseñanzahe's a born loseren toda mi vidasiempre ha sido y será un perdedorExample sentences
- He thrived in the training and displayed the natural attributes of a born soldier.
- Are you a born investment banker?
- Are you a born athlete?
- Balcon felt he was born to be a soldier.
- He was born to be an actor, and when he conscientiously set himself to a task he could blend his genius with a thoroughly sound and intelligent craftsmanship.
- He was born to serve and served his primary constituency diligently.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to