- 1.1 (breast, chest) [literary/literario] pecho (masculine) he clasped her to his bosom la estrechó contra su pecho to lay bare one's bosom to sb abrirle* el corazón a algn (before noun/delante del nombre) [buddy/friend] del alma, íntimoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- She really does have the most wonderfully ample bosoms.
- The descriptive passages when she has tea with friends, or tends her garden, or shops for blouses to fit her ample bosom are a pleasure and add a completeness to the character of Precious Ramotswe.
- Lori has this habit of wearing her coat open wide even when it's freezing out, showing off her ample bosom.
More example sentences1.2 (of woman — bust) pecho (masculine), busto (masculine); (— breast) pecho (masculine), seno (masculine) 1.3 (of dress, blouse) pechera (feminine)
- I returned to the bosom of my loving, supportive family and proceeded to get myself a job.
- Set in New York's Dominican community, the novel begins with Iliana, youngest daughter of her family (14 of them at last count) returning to the bosom of her strict parents.
- I know Rowling has a ton of background in this sort of arcana, but I'm still rather skeptical that she's really making an appeal for the return of England to the bosom of Holy Church.
More example sentences1.4 (heart, center) [literary/literario] seno (masculine) in the bosom of one's family en el seno de la familia in the bosom of the earth en las entrañas de la tierra [literary/literario]
- Writers recognise, of course, that this happy state of affairs cannot come about overnight; but in the early days, when hope is intense in their bosoms, they can see no reason why it should not be achieved by 4 p.m. next Thursday.
- Think of it, there are a hundred and forty-seven great works reposing in the bosoms of a hundred and forty-seven great men, and the tragic thing is that not one of those hundred and forty-seven great works will ever be written.
- The people of the village touched their hearts with both hands as the first families clasped the petals to their bosoms, feeling the pain of losing paradise, the helplessness with which they clung to their gifts.
- Both my grandmothers wore shapeless, listless, grandmotherly dresses with baggy bosoms and they donned sturdy black oxford-type shoes.
- The final touch to Laura's ensemble is two handkerchief-wrapped powder puffs stuffed in the bosom of her dress to improve her bust line.
- Aislinn started, the locket falling from her hand and resting on the navy cotton bosom of her dress as she whirled toward the sound.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.