- 1 (superior)jefe, (-fa) (masculine, feminine)(employer, factory owner etc) patrón, (-trona) (masculine, feminine)you decide, you're the bossdecídelo tú, que eres el que mandathe bosses and the workerslos patronos or la patronal y los trabajadoresI want to be my own bossquiero ser mi propio patrónExample sentences
- Four in 10 office workers say they think bosses regularly charge personal items back to the company.
- Union bosses believe railway maintenance workers are still risking their lives because lessons from the Tebay rail tragedy remain unlearned.
- Blum's first act was to stop the strike wave by organising talks between the bosses and the unions.
- Traditionally, men are supposed to be in control and be the boss at work.
- The ENTIRE point of blogs is being the boss and controlling content.
- It does take a while to get used to, but remember, to teach your dog anything, you must be the leader and the boss.
- 1 (on vault)Example sentences
- In the medieval Hall of St Mary, Green Men occur as bosses, corbels, in tapestry, and in stained glass.
- The western bay of the vault, built in 1362, carries a hanging boss suspended by eight dramatic flying ribs.
- Four floral bosses help secure the flying ribs, while an intricate carved star hangs from the center and anchors the inner square.
- 3 (on shield)Example sentences
- As we walked by I saw Yrling's and Toki's war-kits, for they were easy to discern by the fineness of the helmets and the gilt upon the bosses of their shields.
- A number of other male graves contained shield bosses and spear heads, although all traces of the wooden shields and spears had long disappeared.
- Thorfast would at least have had a heavy wooden shield with a metal boss that he'd have held on his left arm. and an eight-foot-long, metal-tipped ash spear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.