Translation of bottleneck in Spanish:
- (narrow stretch of road) cuello (masculine) de botella; (hold-up) embotellamiento (masculine)Example sentences
- The mayor said that this section of road was a well-known bottleneck that funneled traffic from four lanes into three lanes.
- ‘York Corporation today announced a plan to close many of the city's major road bottlenecks to traffic, except for access,’ the report began.
- The proposed subway is envisaged to clear the traffic bottleneck at this busy junction.
- The review should also address the bottlenecks in the planning system that are causing unnecessary delays and costs to the construction sector, the CIF said.
- In a pull system, the bottleneck governs the rate that patients flow through the whole process.
- Mr Speaker, the first order of business for this government is to fully investigate this situation and remove the bottlenecks that have robbed the economy of the full benefits of these projects.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) obstaculizar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.