Translation of bottleneck in Spanish:
- (narrow stretch of road) cuello (masculine) de botella; (hold-up) embotellamiento (masculine)Example sentences
- The mayor said that this section of road was a well-known bottleneck that funneled traffic from four lanes into three lanes.
- ‘York Corporation today announced a plan to close many of the city's major road bottlenecks to traffic, except for access,’ the report began.
- The proposed subway is envisaged to clear the traffic bottleneck at this busy junction.
- The review should also address the bottlenecks in the planning system that are causing unnecessary delays and costs to the construction sector, the CIF said.
- In a pull system, the bottleneck governs the rate that patients flow through the whole process.
- Mr Speaker, the first order of business for this government is to fully investigate this situation and remove the bottlenecks that have robbed the economy of the full benefits of these projects.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (American English/inglés norteamericano) obstaculizar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.