Translation of bounty in Spanish:
noun plural bounties
- 1 uncountable and countable [literary] (generosity)Example sentences
- Despite the fact that nature has been harsh and cruel to Afghanistan it has been generous in bestowing bounties of sorts.
- But the little girl understood that she was protected, not only by the woman who held her, but also by the bounty of nature that surrounded her.
- You can visit it to enjoy the bounties of nature.
- There is love, kindness and bounty in special relationships that bring you much happiness and joy.
- It affects those who are the beneficiaries of the charity's functions, beneficence and bounty.
- The 1960s and 1970s brought a loss of faith in the benevolent bounty of science.
- 2 countable (reward)Example sentences
- He never took his seat though, rather spending his time in exile with a bounty on his head and a growing conviction that he had a religious mission to save his people, causing many to question his sanity.
- Luckily, she doesn't have that much screen time as the group tracks a bio-terrorist with a huge bounty on his head.
- Also, if you will remember I am a bounty hunter and you have quite the bounty on your head.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.