Translation of bouquet in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of flowers)(small) ramillete (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (compliment)
- I was presented with a lovely bouquet of flowers, given a gift voucher to spend and someone took me round the store in a wheelchair.
- As a symbol of the temple's gratitude Her Majesty was presented with a large bouquet of flowers and a ceremonial sword.
- All three were presented with bouquets of flowers.
- Use the comments function to throw bouquets and brickbats, if you feel like it.
- ‘We have learnt to live with the bouquets and brickbats, which we realise to be part of our occupational hazard’, he adds.
- After all the bouquets must come the brickbats.
- 2 (of wine)Example sentences
- The fact that esters are formed at different rates, some of them reaching equilibrium only after decades, helps to explain the changes in wine aroma and bouquet during ageing.
- As a precaution, I had scented toilet paper stuffed up my nose, but the bouquet still came on like a rotten gauntlet across the snout.
- The great outdoors murders a fine wine's bouquet and strong-tasting barbecue fare ruins the restrained, delicate flavours of expensive bottles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.