Translation of bourgeois in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Politics/Política] [Sociology/Sociología] burguésExample sentences1.2 [pejorative/peyorativo] [person/attitudes] burgués, aburguesado
- The social democrats gambled on bourgeois democracy and the stability of capitalism.
- British capitalism is a bourgeois democracy, and both bits of that label are important.
- At one point, Communists said that bourgeois democracy was a step forward from feudalism.
- What is remembered is their immorality and their rejection of bourgeois values applied to family, society and the formal concept of beauty.
- In fact, throughout the 19th century, the French state was a bourgeois state which echoed middle-class needs and values.
- Illegitimacy, welfare dependency, and criminality were more prevalent than in the South, with its much stronger bourgeois values.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the