Translation of bourgeois in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Politics, Sociology)Example sentences1.2 [pejorative]
- The social democrats gambled on bourgeois democracy and the stability of capitalism.
- British capitalism is a bourgeois democracy, and both bits of that label are important.
- At one point, Communists said that bourgeois democracy was a step forward from feudalism.
- What is remembered is their immorality and their rejection of bourgeois values applied to family, society and the formal concept of beauty.
- In fact, throughout the 19th century, the French state was a bourgeois state which echoed middle-class needs and values.
- Illegitimacy, welfare dependency, and criminality were more prevalent than in the South, with its much stronger bourgeois values.
- 1.1 (Politics, Sociology)burgués, (-guesa) (masculine, feminine)1.2 [pejorative]burgués, (-guesa) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- At the end of 1968, a group of student rebels accused Li of being a ‘newly born bourgeois.’
- The play fails as tragedy not because Willy is a struggling bourgeois rather than a man of stature, but because he lacks the element of choice. He is a victim, not an anti-hero.
- The rise of relativism, and its inevitable corollary, nihilism, represents the triumph of the bourgeois.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.