- 1.1 [Politics/Política] [Sociology/Sociología] burguésMore example sentences1.2 [pejorative/peyorativo] [person/attitudes] burgués, aburguesado
More example sentences
- The social democrats gambled on bourgeois democracy and the stability of capitalism.
- British capitalism is a bourgeois democracy, and both bits of that label are important.
- At one point, Communists said that bourgeois democracy was a step forward from feudalism.
- What is remembered is their immorality and their rejection of bourgeois values applied to family, society and the formal concept of beauty.
- In fact, throughout the 19th century, the French state was a bourgeois state which echoed middle-class needs and values.
- Illegitimacy, welfare dependency, and criminality were more prevalent than in the South, with its much stronger bourgeois values.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.