- 1 (period, spell) I had a bout of flu tuve una gripe or (Col, Méx) gripa muy fuerte fully recovered after a bout of illness totalmente recuperado luego de una enfermedad bout of negotiations tanda (f) or ronda (f) de negociaciones after a bout of activity tras una racha de actividad a drinking bout that ended in tragedy una borrachera or juerga que terminó en tragediaMore example sentences
- The sad truth is that one in five of us will suffer from a bout of severe depressive illness and many more will dip in and out of milder depressions.
- It was also revealed the 31-year-old suffered severe bouts of depression.
- His men weren't given to strong bouts of emotion, which was how he'd designed them to be.
- 2 [Sport] (in boxing, wrestling) combate (m), encuentro (m); (in fencing) asalto (m)More example sentences
- The phrase originates from the days of early bare-knuckle boxing or prizefighting bouts, a time long before any rules were produced by the Marquess of Queensberry.
- Fox's Celebrity Boxing scored a knockout in the ratings ring, undoubtedly ensuring a long string of rematches, grudge matches and return bouts.
- The Holmes-Norton title fight ranks up there with the greatest Heavyweight Championship bouts of all time.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.