Translation of bout in Spanish:
- 1 (period, spell) I had a bout of flutuve una gripe or (Colombia) (Mexico) gripa muy fuertefully recovered after a bout of illnesstotalmente recuperado luego de una enfermedadbout of negotiationstanda (feminine) de negociacionesafter a bout of activity
ronda (feminine) de negociacionestras una racha de actividada drinking bout that ended in tragedyuna borrachera or juerga que terminó en tragediaExample sentences
- The sad truth is that one in five of us will suffer from a bout of severe depressive illness and many more will dip in and out of milder depressions.
- It was also revealed the 31-year-old suffered severe bouts of depression.
- His men weren't given to strong bouts of emotion, which was how he'd designed them to be.
- 2 (Sport) (in boxing, wrestling)(in fencing) asalto (masculine)Example sentences
- The phrase originates from the days of early bare-knuckle boxing or prizefighting bouts, a time long before any rules were produced by the Marquess of Queensberry.
- Fox's Celebrity Boxing scored a knockout in the ratings ring, undoubtedly ensuring a long string of rematches, grudge matches and return bouts.
- The Holmes-Norton title fight ranks up there with the greatest Heavyweight Championship bouts of all time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.