- 1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] also large bowel intestino (masculine) grueso to move o open one's bowels hacer* de vientre, ir* de cuerpo, mover* el vientre or el intestino (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [formal] (before noun/delante del nombre) bowel movement evacuación (feminine) (intestinal)More example sentences
- The large intestine or large bowel consists of the colon and the section before the anus, the rectum.
- This misplaced tissue may be found on the ovaries, uterus, bowel, pelvis and abdomen.
- Cancer of the small bowel, the longer, thinner part of the intestines is much rarer.
- 2(bowels plural)[literary/literario] in the bowels of the earth en las entrañas de la tierraMore example sentences
- But what if someone stood up and admitted whatever he held deep within the bowels of his soul.
- Deep in bowels of the mansion was the epicentre of communication technology and field command.
- He would have to take it deep into the bowels of the earth, for the glorious Garland Battle was about to begin.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.