- 1 (in cricket)lanzador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- There are laws which prevent batsmen and bowlers from leaving the field and returning to bat or bowl as they please.
- The bowlers and fielders were quick to remind the other batsmen of their incompetence to bat at this level.
- If a world-class bowler gets on a wicket that suits his kind of bowling he will get wickets.
- 2 (in bowling, bowls)jugador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Plus, league bowlers pattern their styles after their favorite player.
- The bowlers, camogie players and footballers are also in the middle of a busy season so there's plenty going on in the community at the moment.
- Most league bowlers will adjust to the lanes by moving their feet and keeping their target the same.
- bowler (hat)Example sentences
- It turns out that he's gone round the corner to a Victorian market, returning with a carrier bag containing a top hat, a bowler hat and a bright red feather boa.
- He wore a bowler hat, white shirt, trousers and braces like the main character and would become aggressive and menacing when he played the film music.
- His trademark bowler hat and striped waistcoat have been part of his image for most of his enduring career.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to