Translation of box in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (container, contents)(large)(for piece of jewelry, pen etc)also: ballot boxalso: collection boxalso: jewellery boxalso: tool boxif I leave this house, it'll be in a box [colloquial]to think outside the boxsolo saldré de esta casa con los pies por delante [colloquial]1.2 (protector) (Sport)tener ideas fuera de serie or de lo común
- 2 2.1 (on form) to tick all the boxes2.2cumplir (con) todos los requisitosalso: penalty box(in soccer)área (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) (de penalty or de castigo)(in ice hockey)2.3 (in baseball) 2.4 (at road junction)(British English)
- 5 (television) (especially British English) [colloquial]the boxwhat's on the box?la tele [colloquial]la caja tonta [colloquial]¿qué dan en la tele? [colloquial]
- 2 2.1 (hit) See examples: to box somebody around the ear(s)2.2 (fight) (Sport)darle un sopapo a alguienboxear or pelear con or contraExample sentences
- If you wanted to make a film on how to box, he would be the fighter you would want to film.
- They were on the table, and I wanted those fights before I boxed for the British title.
- Another thing they shared was the ability to box effectively while still carrying knockout power in either fist.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to