Translation of brace in Spanish:
- 1 (support)Example sentences
- Once you have it exact, nail some temporary cross braces from the ledger to the joists at an angle to keep the joists in place.
- For large repairs, build a wooden form and hold it in place with wooden braces, bricks, concrete blocks, or similar heavy objects.
- Stiffening in the other vertical plane is added by diagonal braces between the lattice girders on both gable walls.
- 2 2.1 (Dentistry) → brace 1 4 2 2.2 (Medicine)Example sentences
- Traditional and conservative treatments include bed rest, ice followed by heat therapy, medication regimens, braces, and physical therapy.
- Emergency crews had to fit a neck brace to the injured woman and push the Cavalier back on to its wheels before she could be rescued.
- Pain medicines, back braces, and physical therapy may also be used.
- 3 (drill) brace and bitberbiquí y barrenaExample sentences
- He presented a broad overview of bit history and discussed many types of boring tools for the brace, including several types of bits.
- As with so many other pre-nineteenth century tools, we have much to learn about early braces, their designs, and their fabrication.
- The tool also includes a means for rotating the cutting edge, usually using a brace or bit stock, a wrench, or a handle.
- 4also: braces plural4.1(British English) (Clothing)4.2
tirantes (masculine plural)
cargaderas (feminine plural) (Colombia)
tiradores (masculine plural) (River Plate area)
suspensores (masculine plural) (Chile)(Dentistry)
aparato(s) (masculine (plural))
brackets (masculine plural)
frenos (masculine plural)
fierros (masculine plural) (Mexico) (Peru)
frenillos (masculine plural) (Latin America)Example sentences
- The second phase consists of the removal of extra teeth, the insertion of dental implants if teeth are missing, and the straightening of teeth using braces.
- Your child will be asked to put on a hospital gown and to remove any loose orthodontic braces, false teeth and jewellery.
- What once was a symbol of preteen anguish - a mouth filled with metal wires and braces - has become a relic of the past.
- He wore a bowler hat, white shirt, trousers and braces like the main character and would become aggressive and menacing when he played the film music.
- The display cabinets house socks, handkerchiefs, underwear, braces, belts - I am sure there are drawers and drawers of treasures beneath hiding away.
- R.L. comes lumbering out onto the porch, looking old and tired, wearing mud-smeared trousers held up with braces and a checked shirt fraying at the collar.
- 5plural brace(pair)(British English)they took home two brace of pheasant
par (masculine)cobraron dos pares de faisanesExample sentences
- The saloon deck was a Noah's Ark of Labradorians: there were Celts two by two, pairs of Indians, a brace of hunters and thick, hot knots of Inuit and icemen.
- Among the groups and couples were a brace of men eating in appreciative silence at tables for one - something I've always thought is a sign of a top kitchen.
- The gap was still one hole at the turn, after a brace of deuces at the short ninth from Westwood and Haas.
- 6 (Printing)llave (feminine)
corchete (masculine) redondoExample sentences
- This is shown in Figure 7 with the brace indicating the route segment with shorter signpost spacings.
- Whatever you choose, put the appropriate word between curly braces.
- Note that parentheses indicate faces, whereas braces indicate forms.
- 1 1.1 (support) 1.2 (place firmly)Example sentences
- He braced his body to stand as he got up, and his asleep leg almost buckled underneath him, but his hand found the wall just in time.
- With your right arm, grasp the dumbbell with an overhand grip and place your left hand firmly on your left thigh to brace your upper body.
- He braced his shaking body against the wall and forced his legs to defy gravity and support him one last time.
- A tilt-up concrete shear wall braces a wood-frame structure, and a steel frame supports the cantilever.
- The grid acts as stiffening element, bracing the structure against seismic forces.
- Full-height, double-glazed sheets brace the structure and barely divide interior from exterior.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.