Translation of braid in Spanish:
- 1 countable (of hair) (esp (American English) ) she wears her hair in braidsse peina con trenzas
lleva el pelo trenzadoExample sentences
- Her hair hung in braids, almost like cornrows, but prettier.
- As you methodically create the braids direct the braided hair forward towards the front of the face.
- She had strawberry blonde hair in twin braids, and had the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen.
- 2 uncountable (on clothing)Example sentences
- Standing atop one of them, with his back to her, was a man wearing a dress blue Navy uniform with yards of gold braid banded around the sleeves.
- He was a leader, represented by his standard and his throne-like stool, and perhaps the item worn around his neck decorated with gold braid.
- They could even spin very fine silk threads and weave these into decorative braids, although it is more likely that they only ever saw the thread rather than the raw silk fibres.
- (hemp/silk)she braided her hair (esp (American English) )
trenzarse trenzó el peloExample sentences
- Hair care practices, such as braiding hair too tightly, can cause hair loss.
- Begin braiding the hair by placing the left section over the right, right section over the left.
- Do you have any friends who are good enough at braiding hair to get paid for it?
- If he'd played in that game he would have had his lone cap, tasselled and braided with the gold S v E.
- He was in Prince Albert's 11 th Hussars, and cut quite a dash on horseback in his crimson trousers, braided tunic, tassels and plumes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.