Translation of braid in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (of hair) (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) trenza (feminine) she wears her hair in braids se peina con trenzas, lleva el pelo trenzadoExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (on clothing) galón (masculine)
- Her hair hung in braids, almost like cornrows, but prettier.
- As you methodically create the braids direct the braided hair forward towards the front of the face.
- She had strawberry blonde hair in twin braids, and had the most beautiful smile he'd ever seen.
- Standing atop one of them, with his back to her, was a man wearing a dress blue Navy uniform with yards of gold braid banded around the sleeves.
- He was a leader, represented by his standard and his throne-like stool, and perhaps the item worn around his neck decorated with gold braid.
- They could even spin very fine silk threads and weave these into decorative braids, although it is more likely that they only ever saw the thread rather than the raw silk fibres.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [hemp/silk] trenzar* she braided her hair (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) se trenzó el pelo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the