- 1 (organ) cerebro (masculine) the human brain el cerebro humanoMore example sentences
- This occurs as a result of damage to soft brain tissue when the brain rattles against the skull.
- It is a precious tissue like the nervous tissue of the brain, spinal cord and heart muscle, as it cannot heal like the other tissues.
- Stem cells are harvested from bone marrow, umbilical cords, the brain and spinal cord and other tissues.
- 2 (intellect) she's got a good brain es muy inteligente his brain is still as agile as ever la cabeza le sigue funcionando perfectamente to be bored out of one's brain (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] estar* aburrido como una ostra [colloquial/familiar] to have sth on the brain [colloquial/familiar] tener* algo metido en la cabeza she's got that boy on the brain tiene a ese chico metido en la cabeza, tiene el seso sorbido por ese chico [colloquial/familiar]
- 3 (clever person) cerebro (masculine) the best brains in the country los mejores cerebros del país (before noun/delante del nombre) the brain drain la fuga de cerebros see also brainsMore example sentences
- Could this be the big mo for Ben, Mena and Anil, the brains and the energy behind Typepad and Movable Type?
- It's time to ask Tommy Champion, the brains and energy behind this event some questions.
- Ansett liberated them from the old firm and set them up in KordaMentha (putting the brains of the outfit up front there).
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.