- 1 (organ) cerebro (m) the human brain el cerebro humano brain cell neurona (f) brain damage lesión (f) cerebral brain surgeon neurocirujano, -na (m,f) brain surgery neurocirugía (f) brain tumor tumor (m) cerebralMore example sentences
- This occurs as a result of damage to soft brain tissue when the brain rattles against the skull.
- It is a precious tissue like the nervous tissue of the brain, spinal cord and heart muscle, as it cannot heal like the other tissues.
- Stem cells are harvested from bone marrow, umbilical cords, the brain and spinal cord and other tissues.
- 2 (intellect) she's got a good brain es muy inteligente his brain is still as agile as ever la cabeza le sigue funcionando perfectamente to be bored out of one's brain (BrE) [colloquial/familiar] estar* aburrido como una ostra [familiar/colloquial] to have sth on the brain [colloquial/familiar] tener* algo metido en la cabeza she's got that boy on the brain tiene a ese chico metido en la cabeza, tiene el seso sorbido por ese chico [familiar/colloquial]
- 3 (clever person) cerebro (m) the best brains in the country los mejores cerebros del país (before n) the brain drain la fuga de cerebros see also brainsMore example sentences
- Could this be the big mo for Ben, Mena and Anil, the brains and the energy behind Typepad and Movable Type?
- It's time to ask Tommy Champion, the brains and energy behind this event some questions.
- Ansett liberated them from the old firm and set them up in KordaMentha (putting the brains of the outfit up front there).
- [colloquial/familiar] romperle* la crisma a [familiar/colloquial] I'll brain you if you don't shut up! ¡te rompo la crisma si no te callas! [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- And in the morning when I looked at him, I asked what he was in for, it seemed that he'd brained his superior officer with a rifle butt.
- In these streets he met Anitus, the king of the country, and brained him with his club, which was the fashion among gentlemen in those days.
- Girls that like braining other girls with lacrosse sticks?