Translation of branch in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of tree)Example sentences1.2 (of river, road, railway)
(of family, field of study)Example sentences
- Of special interest are the bromeliads that grow on trunks and along branches of big trees.
- Twenty or thirty large, gently fluted pods grow directly from the tree's trunk and branches, dangling like holiday ornaments.
- In other cases, growing trees had their branches cut regularly on one side, because they leaned on to private property; the trees grew up lopsided and leaned far on to the roads.
Example sentences1.3 (of company)
- In the Rio Negro, it inhabits the large swamps that form where tributaries meet the main branch of the river.
- That hill led to the back of another sight, and that sight was connected to a branch of the main road.
- The main station is being built at Ondangwa where the railway branches to Oshakati and to Oshikango.
(of union, government department)(before noun) branch managerbranch librarygerente (masculine and feminine) de sucursalsucursal (feminine) de bibliotecaExample sentences1.4 (of organization) See examples: the American branch of the company
- Otherwise, the tongues spoken in Indonesia belong to several branches of the Austronesian language family.
- All the national languages, with the exception of the official language, English, are Bantu, a branch of the Niger-Congo language family.
- The Estonian language is a branch of the Baltic-Finnish group of the Finno-Ugric family, related to Finnish.
the three branches of the armed forcesla división americana de la compañíathe executive/legislative branchlos tres cuerpos del ejércitoel poder ejecutivo/legislativo
- Postbank operates 30 branches and 93 offices across the country and is represented in about 2300 post offices in Bulgaria.
- In the Rangoon division, 18 out of 40 branch offices are now operating, with nine permitted to put up their old signboards.
- This organization replaced an association of NGOs working for alcohol abstinence and had branch offices operating on regional and local levels.
- (plant)echar ramas(river/family/capillaries)(road)a path branches (off) to the rightun sendero sale a la derechaExample sentences
- In the centre of the village, a small side road branched away and climbed a steep brae beyond the houses and back gardens.
- There was a conservatory situated a small distance behind the house, and a small path branched from the driveway to the door.
- Soon the crack widened, however, and their path branched down into the darkness.
- Some RTC buses branched off from the main roads to find emergency escape routes like by-lanes, already jammed by cars and two-wheelers!
- Nestle into one of several campsites at the base of the 300-foot-tall amphitheater, and explore the many slots and dry waterfalls branching off from Labyrinth's main canyon.
- A more adventurous method would be to simply explore each road radiating from the main junction or branching off into narrow arteries, and you'll be bound to hit the same spots, more or less.
- The basal stems can be confused with those of L. mucronata, but that species has branched basal stems that are prostrate and petiolate basal leaves.
- Mosses branched from the common ancestor of vascular plants around 400 MYA.
- Plants show similar repetitive structures in, for example, the veins on a leaf or a tree's branching limbs.
- 1.1 (take on new activity)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the