- 1.1 (of tree) rama (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (of river, road, railway) ramal (masculine); (of family, field of study) rama (feminine); (of computer program) bifurcación (feminine), ramificación (feminine)
More example sentences
- Of special interest are the bromeliads that grow on trunks and along branches of big trees.
- Twenty or thirty large, gently fluted pods grow directly from the tree's trunk and branches, dangling like holiday ornaments.
- In other cases, growing trees had their branches cut regularly on one side, because they leaned on to private property; the trees grew up lopsided and leaned far on to the roads.
More example sentences1.3 (of company) sucursal (feminine); (of bank) sucursal (feminine), agencia (feminine); (of union, government department) delegación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) branch manager gerente (masculine and feminine) de sucursal branch library sucursal (feminine) de biblioteca
- In the Rio Negro, it inhabits the large swamps that form where tributaries meet the main branch of the river.
- That hill led to the back of another sight, and that sight was connected to a branch of the main road.
- The main station is being built at Ondangwa where the railway branches to Oshakati and to Oshikango.
More example sentences1.4 (of organization) the American branch of the company la división americana de la compañía the three branches of the armed forces los tres cuerpos del ejército the executive/legislative branch el poder ejecutivo/legislativo
- Otherwise, the tongues spoken in Indonesia belong to several branches of the Austronesian language family.
- All the national languages, with the exception of the official language, English, are Bantu, a branch of the Niger-Congo language family.
- The Estonian language is a branch of the Baltic-Finnish group of the Finno-Ugric family, related to Finnish.
- Postbank operates 30 branches and 93 offices across the country and is represented in about 2300 post offices in Bulgaria.
- In the Rangoon division, 18 out of 40 branch offices are now operating, with nine permitted to put up their old signboards.
- This organization replaced an association of NGOs working for alcohol abstinence and had branch offices operating on regional and local levels.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
branch outverb + adverb/verbo + adverbio 1.1 (take on new activity) diversificar* sus ( or nuestras etc) actividadesto branch out
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.