Translation of breach in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (of law, code) infracción (feminine), violación (feminine) breach of contract incumplimiento (masculine) de contrato breach of privilege (in UK) abuso (masculine) de la inmunidad parlamentaria a breach of confidence o trust un abuso de confianza, una infidencia it caused a breach of national security atentó contra or puso en peligro la seguridad nacional breach of the peace alteración (feminine) del orden público she was arrested for breach of the peace la detuvieron por alterar el orden público they are in breach of the planning laws están infringiendo or contraviniendo la ley de ordenación urbana
- 2 countable/numerable (gap, opening) [formal] brecha (feminine) to open a breach abrir* una brecha to stand in the breach estar* en la brecha or al pie del cañón to step into/fill the breach llenar el huecoExample sentences
- The CASEVAC used the breach made by the sappers to get the vehicles on the OBJ.
- To prevent such an assault, defenders were forced to attack the siege engines or their operators to prevent a breach in their fortifications.
- The soldiers gave chase as their attack was shifted to the breach in the city wall.
- 3 countable/numerable (break) [formal] ruptura (feminine)Example sentences
- But once the tanks had rolled over the tents of the hunger strikers and once the bodies had been removed and the blood washed away, what was left was a breach between party and people that would never heal.
- And he should tell the Cuban leader that his revolution won't be won until the breach between Cuba and the USA is mended.
- Frankly, it would be difficult to imagine a greater breach between what residents of Toronto want for their city and the decisions that are being made about it.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.