Translation of bread in Spanish:
- 1 (Cooking) white/wholemeal breadpan blanco/integrala slice of bread and butteruna rebanada de pan con mantequillauna rebanada de pan con manteca (Río de la Plata)to live on bread and watervivir a pan y aguabread and circusespan y circoto be somebody's bread and butterteaching is his bread and butterse gana la vida enseñandotourism is this country's bread and buttereste país subsiste gracias al turismoto break bread with somebody [literary]compartir la mesa con alguiento cast one's bread upon the waters [literary]hacer (el) bien sin mirar a quiénto earn one's bread (and butter)ganarse el pan [literary]to know which side one's bread is buttered (on)saber lo que conviene (a uno)he knows which side his bread's buttered onsabe lo que le convieneto take the bread out of somebody's mouthquitarle el pan de la boca a alguiento want one's bread buttered on both sidesquerer el oro y el moroquerer la chancha y los cinco reales [colloquial]querer la chancha y los veinte (Río de la Plata) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Unfortified whole wheat bread and bread baked from cake flour will still be available.
- Substitute whole-grain flour for half or all of the white flour when baking bread.
- Baking a loaf of bread will change the way you think about food.
- 2 (money) [slang] [dated]guita (feminine) [slang]lana (feminine) (Latin America) [colloquial]plata (feminine) (South America) [colloquial]pasta (feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- It makes sense to use your head and spread the bread.
- The uncreative tell the creative what to do because they want the bread.
- She's going to be tired and irritable, and bound to bring up the subject of who earns the bread.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.