Translation of breakaway in Spanish:
- 1.1 (separation) ruptura (feminine), escisión (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [faction/group] disidente, escindidoExample sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] escapada (feminine)
- It met with a fierce response from software libre developers, with talk of creating a breakaway organization that could set royalty-free standards.
- He said that players could well band together and try to buy back the world at the company's bankruptcy hearing - and then run it themselves as a breakaway republic.
- It urged the EU to recognize the breakaway republics.
Example sentences1.3 (person) [Politics/Política] disidente (masculine and feminine) the breakaways [Sport/Deporte] los escapados
- Despite some very hard attacks in the final laps of the races, and small breakaways coming from those attacks, the peloton still came into the last kilometer complete.
- They continued to control matters and doubled their advantage in the 67th minute, ironically on a breakaway from a promising attack led by Mark Betts.
- Prat was well up in the ensuing forward breakaway, and it was he who scored his side's second try.
- ‘I feel I've matured both physically and mentally,’ says the little breakaway, in a relaxed mood ahead of the second Sale warm-up match.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.