Translation of breakaway in Spanish:
- 1.1 (separation)(before noun) (faction/group)
escindidoExample sentences1.2 (Sport)
- It met with a fierce response from software libre developers, with talk of creating a breakaway organization that could set royalty-free standards.
- He said that players could well band together and try to buy back the world at the company's bankruptcy hearing - and then run it themselves as a breakaway republic.
- It urged the EU to recognize the breakaway republics.
Example sentences1.3 (person) (Politics) the breakaways (Sport)
- Despite some very hard attacks in the final laps of the races, and small breakaways coming from those attacks, the peloton still came into the last kilometer complete.
- They continued to control matters and doubled their advantage in the 67th minute, ironically on a breakaway from a promising attack led by Mark Betts.
- Prat was well up in the ensuing forward breakaway, and it was he who scored his side's second try.
- ‘I feel I've matured both physically and mentally,’ says the little breakaway, in a relaxed mood ahead of the second Sale warm-up match.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.