- 1.1 (shortness) [formal] brevedad (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (conciseness) brevedad (f), concisión (f) brevity is the soul of wit lo bueno, si breve, dos veces bueno
More example sentences
- The one factor in the movie's favor is its brevity - only 81 minutes, including credits.
- So, in the interest of brevity, here's a quick rundown of what sucked.
- Its refreshing brevity of ten minutes made it a convenient apéritif for the concerto to follow.
- A customer who responds positively to a cleverly worded e-mail may prefer brevity and clarity in voice mail messages.
- By its brevity, that one word expands to fill the scene, and remains as an indelible memory.
- Imagine the exclamatory brevity that space travel writing might bring.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.