Translation of brick in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Construction) made of brick(hecho) de ladrilloto put one's money into bricks and mortar (British English)invertir en inmueblesto drop a brick (British English) you can't make bricks without strawno se puede trabajar sin materia prima(before noun) a brick wall/houseuna pared/una casa de ladrilloExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (toy)
- Mud and wattle or sun-dried bricks are used in house building in rural areas; well-off families may use concrete blocks.
- In Guinea, most new small buildings are made of badly fired bricks, and have corrugated metal roofs.
- Cracked mortar between bricks should also be repointed by carefully removing and replacing any unsound mortar.
Example sentences1.3 (of ice cream)
- Woodlawn is brick, a building material rarely used in early nineteenth-century Maine where lumber was so plentiful.
- Wall materials such as stucco, cement, brick, plaster, stone, and block are most resistant to high temperatures.
- The primary building material was large adobe brick, and huge pyramids towered above the city.
- We hadn't come 5,000 miles to a land of forests to spend our time pining for theme parks made out of little plastic bricks.
- They're designed to fit together in a stack, just like the famous Danish plastic bricks.
- Thanks to his wooden toy bricks, he had mastered ‘the laws of practical stability in towers and arches’.
barra (feminine)Example sentences
- Get a brick of white, scent-free glycerin soap from the craft store.
- Think of a beautiful counter with nothing to chop on it, except a brick of ice.
- She remembered selling him a brick of hash out of the broken down toilet stall.
- 2 (reliable person)(British English) [colloquial] [dated]
persona (feminine) de confianzaExample sentences
- She really is a brick.
- He's a brick, a chip off the old block, a good 'un.
- Large, jolly and boisterous, Carol is regarded as something of a brick, and there are sound reasons for the affection she commands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.