Translation of brickbat in Spanish:
- 1.1 (critical comment) diatriba (feminine), crítica (feminine) brickbats and bouquets diatribas y flores, críticas y alabanzasExample sentences1.2 (missile) [dated/anticuado] cascote (masculine)
- As an album, it's slightly better than the kneejerk brickbats would have you believe.
- I'm always happy to hear from readers, whether they're delivering brickbats, bouquets or news tip-offs.
- It was the subject of appreciation and brickbats; of Letters to the Editor and newspaper cartoons.
- The park was a chaos of frenzied movement, bodies launching over the fence, brickbats and clubs swinging.
- She wore outfits of bright green, and hurled arguments about like brickbats.
- We'd nip at the opposing forces heels, dodging their boots and fists, not to mention brickbats and clubs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas