- 1.1 (critical comment) diatriba (f), crítica (f) brickbats and bouquets diatribas y flores, críticas y alabanzasMore example sentences1.2 (missile) [dated/anticuado] cascote (masculine)
More example sentences
- As an album, it's slightly better than the kneejerk brickbats would have you believe.
- I'm always happy to hear from readers, whether they're delivering brickbats, bouquets or news tip-offs.
- It was the subject of appreciation and brickbats; of Letters to the Editor and newspaper cartoons.
- The park was a chaos of frenzied movement, bodies launching over the fence, brickbats and clubs swinging.
- She wore outfits of bright green, and hurled arguments about like brickbats.
- We'd nip at the opposing forces heels, dodging their boots and fists, not to mention brickbats and clubs.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.