Translation of brickbat in Spanish:
- 1 (critical comment) brickbats and bouquetsdiatribas y flores
críticas y alabanzasExample sentences
- As an album, it's slightly better than the kneejerk brickbats would have you believe.
- I'm always happy to hear from readers, whether they're delivering brickbats, bouquets or news tip-offs.
- It was the subject of appreciation and brickbats; of Letters to the Editor and newspaper cartoons.
- 2 (missile) [dated]Example sentences
- The park was a chaos of frenzied movement, bodies launching over the fence, brickbats and clubs swinging.
- She wore outfits of bright green, and hurled arguments about like brickbats.
- We'd nip at the opposing forces heels, dodging their boots and fists, not to mention brickbats and clubs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.