- 1.1 [reign/interlude] breveMore example sentences1.2 [statement/summary] breve, sucinto his report was brief and to the point su informe era breve e iba al grano be brief sé breve, no te extiendas in brief en suma, en síntesis, en resumen
More example sentences1.3 (scanty) [skirt] sucinto, escueto; [bikini] diminuto
- The brief visit left no time for discovery or inquiry.
- A brief visit to the temple in the house completes his morning routine before breakfast with the family.
- It consists of regularly scheduled, brief office visits.
More example sentences
- A few brief words about the move to Skaggerak in 1902.
- A brief word, though, about Ms. Young, whom I'd never heard of before.
- With a brief word from his chauffeur, they were allowed admittance.
- The room Tripitaka entered contained about 30 women, all dressed in very brief clothing.
- A cheerful female gorilla garbed in a brief shirt and a halter top stood at a podium.
- God, how she wished she were wearing something more than her brief underwear.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Law/Derecho][ expediente entregado por el abogado albarrister ] it's a very complicated brief es un caso muy complicado 1.2 (instructions) instrucciones (feminine plural); (area of responsibility) competencia (feminine) his brief was to design a functional building le habían encargado que diseñara un edificio funcional, tenía instrucciones de diseñar un edificio funcional this is not part of the committee's brief esto no entra dentro de la competencia del comité to hold a/no brief for sth abogar*/no abogar* por algoMore example sentences
- When we receive a brief from a casting director, we go through our book of models and put forward who we think is suitable for the job.
- After receiving an informative brief on the testing process given by the warrant officer, the staff were counted.
- Chief executives of government authorities often complain that they are not given an unambiguous brief with clear mandates and a single objective.