Translation of brisk in Spanish:
- 1.1 (lively, quick)(pace)
rápido y enérgico
brioso(walk)trading was brisk on the Stock Exchange
a paso ligerohubo gran actividad en la Bolsaice-cream sellers did a brisk tradelos vendedores de helados vendieron muchísimoExample sentences1.2 (efficient, energetic)
(person/manner)the service is brisk
- That done, she departed for the stables at a brisk speedy walk.
- Navi took a quick break from their brisk walk by leaning against one of the light poles.
- Darren had to hurry to keep pace with his father's brisk walk.
enérgico or dinámico y eficienteel servicio es rápido y eficienteExample sentences1.3 (fresh and invigorating)
- The answering tone was brisk and businesslike, as if this happened ordinarily and every day.
- She said all this in a brisk voice but faltered slightly when she saw all my luggage.
- ‘Time to go, Cheri,’ Mrs Barnes chirped in brisk tones.
- A cold, brisk wind fills the square on a grey Saturday afternoon.
- Though the wind was brisk and chilly, the sun was bright and warm.
- The September night was chilly, with a brisk wind picking up, but neither seemed to notice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.