ncountable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable
- 1.1 (on animal) cerda (f); (on plant) pelo (m) this brush is genuine bristle este cepillo es de pura cerda with nylon bristle con cerda de nylonMore example sentences1.2 (on human) his face was covered in bristle(s) tenía la barba crecida
- I haven't shaved for the day, so short bristles of my beard pepper my chin.
- His lip, covered with short bristles, quavered slightly.
- Golden bristles stubbled his cheeks and jaw and his hair needed a quick comb.
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.
- 1.1 (stand up) [fur/hair] erizarse*, ponerse* de puntaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (bridle) erizarse* he bristleed se erizóto bristle
- She stood with her fur bristling as she watched a form race across the hills towards them.
- Elanor was peering in the doorway, her fur bristling.
- Ayane shot up to a sitting position, back ramrod-straight and fur bristling.
- There was a subtle change in Adair towards defensive and Tristin stared at her as she almost bristled at him.
- At a press conference, the foreign secretary bristled at the suggestion he would be taking a message to New Delhi.
- Her lawyers bristled at suggestions there may be no other willing witnesses to bring.
atsth she bristled at his rudeness su grosería la irritó or la enfureció 1.3 (have many)to bristle withsth the place was bristling with tourists el lugar estaba repleto or [pejorative/peyorativo] plagado de turistas a bristling mustache un bigote hirsuto to bristle with difficulties estar* erizado de dificultadesMore example sentences
- They bristled with weapons and were covered from head to foot in thick armor.
- In the beginning, the area had been crawling with soldiers and bristling with guns.
- It's nondescript, faceless - yet bristling with hubris.