Translation of bristle in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (on animal)(on plant)this brush is genuine bristle
pelo (masculine)este cepillo es de pura cerdawith nylon bristlecon cerda de nylonExample sentences1.2 (on human) his face was covered in bristle(s)
tenía la barba crecida
- I haven't shaved for the day, so short bristles of my beard pepper my chin.
- His lip, covered with short bristles, quavered slightly.
- Golden bristles stubbled his cheeks and jaw and his hair needed a quick comb.
- 1.1 (stand up)(fur/hair)1.2 (bridle)
ponerse de puntaerizarsehe bristleedse erizóto bristle
atsomethingshe bristled at his rudenesssu grosería la irritó or la enfureció1.3 (have many)to bristle withsomethingthe place was bristling with touristsel lugar estaba repleto or [pejorative] plagado de turistasa bristling mustacheun bigote hirsutoto bristle with difficultiesestar erizado de dificultadesExample sentences
- They bristled with weapons and were covered from head to foot in thick armor.
- In the beginning, the area had been crawling with soldiers and bristling with guns.
- It's nondescript, faceless - yet bristling with hubris.
- She stood with her fur bristling as she watched a form race across the hills towards them.
- Elanor was peering in the doorway, her fur bristling.
- Ayane shot up to a sitting position, back ramrod-straight and fur bristling.
- There was a subtle change in Adair towards defensive and Tristin stared at her as she almost bristled at him.
- At a press conference, the foreign secretary bristled at the suggestion he would be taking a message to New Delhi.
- Her lawyers bristled at suggestions there may be no other willing witnesses to bring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.