Translation of broadcast in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado broadcast)
- 1 1.1 (transmit) [programme/news] transmitir, emitir the fight was broadcast live la pelea se transmitió or (Spain/España) se retransmitió en directo 1.2 (make known) [news/rumor] difundir, divulgar* don't go broadcasting it around the office no vayas a publicarlo por toda la oficinaExample sentences
- The funeral ceremony was broadcast live on all television channels, which replaced scheduled programs with recitations from the Koran.
- The match was broadcast live on national television and radio.
- The event was broadcast live on government-run television and radio stations.
- Sometimes we don't even have to open our mouths to broadcast our outsider status and offend the locals.
- Again, this is probably not the place to broadcast my feelings publicly, much rather say it to you on the phone, through a text or in person.
- The correspondence was regularly posted on a web site, broadcasting the ineptitude of this spammer to the world.
- 2 (scatter) [seeds] diseminar, sembrar* a voleoExample sentences
- Seed is broadcast or drilled on the pastures in late winter or early spring.
- Another satisfactory method is to broadcast the seed followed by a shallow disking or harrowing and cultipacking.
- On a commercial scale, some crops may require a seed-planting drill, but you can broadcast most seed and then incorporate it with a disc pulled by a tractor.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (past tense & past participle/pasado y participio pasado broadcast)
- [station] transmitir, emitir the Prime Minister will broadcast to the nation la Primera Ministra se dirigirá a la naciónExample sentences
- Kpig was the first commercial radio station to broadcast on the Web, and it has blazed trails ever since.
- This new deal will enable the station to broadcast on five frequencies a total of 25 hours a week of BBC programming.
- That's what KPIG has been doing since it became the first commercial radio station ever to broadcast on the Web.
- programa (masculine), emisión (feminine) [formal] (before noun/delante del nombre) broadcast journalism periodismo (masculine) de radio y televisión broadcast media (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) medios (masculine plural) de radiodifusión y teledifusión broadcast network (broadcasting station) estación (feminine) emisora (group) cadena (feminine) de radio y televisión broadcast news noticias (feminine plural) de radio y televisión
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.