Translation of broadly in Spanish:
- 1 (generally, approximately) the two systems are broadly similar en líneas generales, los dos sistemas son similares it's broadly true to say that … a grandes rasgos podría decirse que … their route broadly followed the course of the river siguieron más o menos el curso del río broadly speaking en líneas generales, hablando en términos generalesExample sentences
- No doubt there are more but, broadly speaking, the situation is this, we would submit.
- There are, broadly speaking, two kinds of relativism, cultural and cognitive.
- And hence the proper way to arrive at such a criterion is, broadly speaking, inductive.
- 2 (widely) [grin/smile] de oreja a orejaExample sentences
- The teenager, who plays Harry, grinned broadly and posed for the cameras.
- The Expert Temp grinning broadly behind the staff member sensed this, and leered at me.
- When he heard about this seemingly overdue admission by the trainer, Carberry grinned broadly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas