- 1 (generally, approximately) the two systems are broadly similar en líneas generales, los dos sistemas son similares it's broadly true to say that … a grandes rasgos podría decirse que … their route broadly followed the course of the river siguieron más o menos el curso del río broadly speaking en líneas generales, hablando en términos generalesMore example sentences
- No doubt there are more but, broadly speaking, the situation is this, we would submit.
- There are, broadly speaking, two kinds of relativism, cultural and cognitive.
- And hence the proper way to arrive at such a criterion is, broadly speaking, inductive.
- 2 (widely) [grin/smile] de oreja a orejaMore example sentences
- The teenager, who plays Harry, grinned broadly and posed for the cameras.
- The Expert Temp grinning broadly behind the staff member sensed this, and leered at me.
- When he heard about this seemingly overdue admission by the trainer, Carberry grinned broadly.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.