Translation of broadside in Spanish:
- 1.1 (volley) 1.2 (attack) to deliver a broadside against somebody/somethingarremeter contra alguien/algolanzar una invectiva contra alguien/algoExample sentences
- In an apparent bid to save the crumbling alliance, the two men met yesterday at an undisclosed venue in Cape Town after firing public broadsides at each other for over a week.
- But Berkovic refused to go without a firing a broadside at O'Neill, claiming the Hoops boss ‘did not even speak’ to the former club record signing.
- He has blown onto the scene in a torrent of invective, firing broadside after broadside at the crumbling bastions of public morality.
- To do this they would have to come up alongside our ships leaving them exposed to a broadside from English cannons on our ships.
- The Monitor proved impervious to the Virginia's broadsides and captured the imaginations of naval officials and the public.
- HMS Duke of York fired 80 broadsides; and the Allied ships fired a total of 2,195 shells during the engagement.
adverb broadside on
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the