Translation of broadside in Spanish:
- 1.1 (volley) 1.2 (attack) to deliver a broadside against somebody/somethingarremeter contra alguien/algo
lanzar una invectiva contra alguien/algoExample sentences
- In an apparent bid to save the crumbling alliance, the two men met yesterday at an undisclosed venue in Cape Town after firing public broadsides at each other for over a week.
- But Berkovic refused to go without a firing a broadside at O'Neill, claiming the Hoops boss ‘did not even speak’ to the former club record signing.
- He has blown onto the scene in a torrent of invective, firing broadside after broadside at the crumbling bastions of public morality.
- To do this they would have to come up alongside our ships leaving them exposed to a broadside from English cannons on our ships.
- The Monitor proved impervious to the Virginia's broadsides and captured the imaginations of naval officials and the public.
- HMS Duke of York fired 80 broadsides; and the Allied ships fired a total of 2,195 shells during the engagement.
adverb broadside on
- de lado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.