Translation of broadside in Spanish:
- 1.1 (volley) andanada (feminine) 1.2 (attack) ataque (masculine), invectiva (feminine) to deliver a broadside against sb/sth arremeter contra algn/algo, lanzar* una invectiva contra algn/algoExample sentences
- In an apparent bid to save the crumbling alliance, the two men met yesterday at an undisclosed venue in Cape Town after firing public broadsides at each other for over a week.
- But Berkovic refused to go without a firing a broadside at O'Neill, claiming the Hoops boss ‘did not even speak’ to the former club record signing.
- He has blown onto the scene in a torrent of invective, firing broadside after broadside at the crumbling bastions of public morality.
- To do this they would have to come up alongside our ships leaving them exposed to a broadside from English cannons on our ships.
- The Monitor proved impervious to the Virginia's broadsides and captured the imaginations of naval officials and the public.
- HMS Duke of York fired 80 broadsides; and the Allied ships fired a total of 2,195 shells during the engagement.
adverb/adverbio ( also broadside on)
- de lado, de costado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas