- (shoe)(zapato bajo de cuero)Example sentences
- Other accessories include beards and sideburns (confirming that hairy faces are back) and for your feet there's desert boots, brogues and Chelsea boots for extra comfy rambling.
- Shoes are now considered to be one of, if not the most important part of an outfit, be they stilettos, brogues, cowboy boots or sneakers.
- Where once ballet slippers, car shoes, moccasins and brogues were once boringly themselves, now they've somehow interbred, jollied up and produced a new generation of lightened-up fashion ideas.
- (Irish accent) (no plural)acento (masculine) irlandésExample sentences
- It seemed to be a mix between the English accent and the Irish brogue.
- Instead of the melodious tones of an Irish brogue, the exaggerated drawl of an angry young man spat from the earpiece.
- Irish people speak English with an accent known as a brogue.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.